TAS Opens Again!
As most of you know, The Actor's Studio in Bangsar closed down recently, but it has just opened again! This time it's in Lot 10.
Yesterday was the opening night. Performed there and today as well :)
There will still be shows throughout the whole of the following week, and all performances are free!! So go check it out lah if you're free. hehehe.
The new place is really nice. Though, I personally don't like the new location. But it looks nice lah. hehehe. It's at the rooftop of Lot 10.
It's surprisingly plant-ish there. There's even a wall full of plants on one side, and more trees on the other side..jpg)
.jpg)
And after the grassy-ish plant-ish wall, in a little corner, you'll find the new Actor's Studio!
.jpg)
It's rather small lah compared to the previous one. But it looks classier. Even the toilet is cool! everything uses a censor. hahah. But most of the things wern't working yet.
The first thing you'll see after the doors is unmistakably a counter. And to the right, there was this interesting big red dot of which I only noticed today.
.jpg)
.jpg)
The first thing you'll see after the doors is unmistakably a counter. And to the right, there was this interesting big red dot of which I only noticed today.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Looks something like a Japanese flag don't you think? hahaha.
The hall is freezing!!! I almost died from frost bites for the past few nights.
Here's a preview on how the hall looks like lah. Don't mind the lousy phone photo quality. hehehe.
Yes it's small, I know. But it's within "spitting distance" as Tan Sri Francis quotes, so it's pretty cool lah.Oh and the backstage!! It's very small, just like the old one, but definately way classier, but deadly.
See those many lightbubs surrounding the mirrors? I burnt myself on one of them while putting my makeup.
Looks very broadway I know. hahaha. But I almost lost my arm because of it ok!! Joe found out about my burn when I went looking for a plaster, and this was what happened the next day.
Bye evil lightbubs! well, at least half of it lah. hahaha.The show was great! consisted of a very wide variety of things. Started of with this chinese percussion thing where they did alot of really cool stunts, and along with my choir, to this really disturbing Butoh dance, to Douglas Lim, a stand up comedian. There was even the KLPac String ensemble and a operah singer called Eddie, a interesting Malay skit titled "Allah", and a cheoragrapy by Michael Voon. Both the skit and the dance won in the Short+Sweet festival lately of which I sadly missed. It ended with a beautiful traditional dance by Ramli Ibrahim and Guna. Even managed to have a picture with Ramli, Malaysia's very own Indian dance icon :D
Oh! Did I mention that we even did a drum circle before both opening nights? On the first night we even had 2 belly dancers along with one Butoh dancer that came out with us while we did the drum circle. Just so to stir up the crowd. On the next day we played downstairs all the way up just to attract people to come for the show. I played a hand drum and my hand hurts pretty badly now regarding the fact that I don't play hand drums XO
So yup, it was awesome lah. AND YOU GUYS MISSED IT! But it's not too late cos there are still more shows! hehehe :D
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment