My Journey So Far
I've finally got my laptop! Yay me :D
It has been giving me problems the first 2 days I got it, but now it's magically working perfectly!
So yup. I'm in U.S. now! Finished my first week of classes. It's exciting, but lots and lots of homework. It really cold too. The worst I've experienced so far was when it dropped to -14, and that day, we were playing broomball outside, couldn't last through the whole game though. heheh.
Oh! speaking of broomball, it's a crazy game my uni came up with couple of years ago. It's a simple game. It's basically like hockey. But instead of a hockey stick, each player would have a broom, and there would be a ball for us to hit around with. We would also play it on a frozen pond. There are only 2 rules, no hitting people, and no kicking the ball. So yeah, you can imagine how crazy it was. hahaha.
It's the first time ever I've been here to U.S! Came here with my parents. They left in about a week. When I first got here, I was freezing! Wasn't used to the cold at all!! But it was fun seeing and experiencing snow for the first time. I particularly love crunching the snow beneath my feet. And the snow glitters under the sun and moon too! so pretty. I can proudly say I've made my first snowball and threw it at my brother. heheh.
Now I'm starting to get used to the cold. like when it reaches -1, I don't feel like dying any longer. But when the wind hits, anyone can freeze. The wind is super cold. My skin had a bad reaction to the climate change though. It started cracking really badly and my skin just started to peel. My hands particularly. Went to the health center and got some cream. It's getting better now thankfully :)
Annd winter clothes are so not glam btw. at least not mine. hehehe. Look so poofy! below this post would be some photos of my first week here. You can see how wrapped up I was. hahah.
The skies at night here are really really clear too. You can practically see many many stars, and the moon looks so bright that it's unreal.
The people here are awfully nice. Everyone smiles and greets each other. And their system of trust is so great, they even leave their things lying around in the lobby with no assistance. Even their laptop! Even places like walmart doesn't have any sensors. We definitely can't do that in an Asian country :p My room mate is great too. She's a transfer and she's awesome.
Speaking of Walmart, it's a wonderful place. It's huge and has almost anything! They even sell branded stuff there, and it's cheap.
The residents here have really beautiful homes too! Their small homes are our big homes. and most of the homes are made of wood! I feel like I'm in televisions. There are even certain hallways and classrooms like look just like it does on television. hahah.
AND today's thirsty thursday! They sell a 32oz cup of soda, juices, or whatever for only 75 cents! I've been drinking mine for almost 2 hours and it's only half gone. haha! I have a picture of how big it is, but it's in my camera. Maybe I'll upload it here someday. Maybe. heheh.
Went for a school play here today as well, It's really really good. Nothing I've ever seen before! 90% of the show was acted in the audience. plus they dont use mics! makes you feel like you're actually in the situation of the play, pretty amazing.
I'm in the school band too! playing trumpet :) We play really beautiful symphony songs. One of them is called the American Elegy. beautiful song! go look it up! :) It's my first time playing in a symphony though, and it feels great! we have a concert in like 5 weeks. so exciting. heheh.
ok so anyway, here comes the photos!






1 comment:
Your blog is so real to life,Great to see your having a good time.Cold gets a little hard to get use too but dress warm and you will be okay.Have fun exploring and stay warm.
Post a Comment