Adventure Camp 08'
I'm back from adventure camp! It's sorta like a Boys' Brigade survival camp kinda thing. kinda fun =) hehe. It's actually an awards camp lah, get to earn 4 badges!
Ashley was suppose to be my partner, but 2 days before camp, I received a call from her saying she just went for a surgery for her eye so she wouldn't be able to make it any longer. I was quite upset la cos I didn't know who else to partner with.
Sunday was our first day, met in Sri Sempurna as usual. Set in the bus with Sean Joel. Well since Ashley couldn't come, it seemed that he became my partner instead lah XD we practically do almost everything together during the camp, go toilet ah, or bathe ah also go together wan.
The guys and girls shared the same toilet cos the girl's toilet was locked! Quite cool and fun lor actually. The walk to the toilet at night is scary though, cos we'll have to walk all the way to the back, which was pretty far from the campsite, and the path there is rather dark. Eunice and Matthias were scared. so funny la XD then we often bring Shaun Cheah along with us since he talks alot, makes it less scary. hehe.
Shaun Cheah was like me and Sean Joel's alarm clock. wakes us up early to put on our contacts. Well he wakes up super early to do his devotion anyway. hehe.
We pitched our tents in the fridge of the jungle when we got there. I got the biggest tent along with Eunice. hehe.
We had our jungle survival thingy on the first day where we had a 5 KM walk into the jungle. When in actual fact, our destination wasn't that far from the fringe! They just decided to take us a big round lah, which was pretty fun anyway, and good exercise too. hehe. There we got to cook our own dinner. I managed to start the fire. hehe. We were to cook rice in a bamboo and in a plastic bottle which I never knew was possible, and we were also to cook an egg in a banana tree shoot and roast a sweet potato. The food turned out pretty good! Sean cut his finger while trying to chop wood for Eunice. He stoner la, after cutting his finger, he simply sat down, stared at his finger, and begun announcing that he cut his funger with this blur expression. and the random Matthew bounced out saying that he cut his finger too. hahaha.
Kayaking falls on the next day. I was paired up with Victor Thong. He was the brains (back) and I was the brawns (front) =3 emo la he! hardly talk wan, then he has this trademark emo face. haha. But he was an awesome partner lah, quite easy to work with him wan. Matthias looked really funny with his long legs sticking out of his single kayak! so farni la.. couldn't stop laughing at him XD Got a couple of bruises from keeping the kayaks though, cos have to help put them into this shelf thingy and I could squeeze into all the small holes. The kayaks weighed 53kgs each! yay me =D
On the same day we had our theory class which was awefully boring. Being tired, I practically fell asleep on Pauline a couple of times, but thank God no one noticed. hehe. We had knots tying class too. It was actually pretty fun getting to tie different kind of knots. Me and Sean tied the string they provided to us on our wrist just so we won't loose them, and it's still on my wrist. lazy to take it out la. hehe.
We had our expedition test after that. It was called "compass marching". There we were to walk in our team, which consists of around 3 to 4 people, to certain checkpoints according to the directions given to us on a piece of paper using a compass. My team got second! =D
Before dinner was our fire setting test. I built my fire next to Timothy Foo and we shared our firewood. That guy rocks la, he won the most caring, and best camper award in the end! =D
That night we had fellowship time where we played indoor games. it was ok la. played pretty typical games lah. hehe. Our oral test and knots tying test was after that. We thought it would be hard but it turned out rather easy, regarding the fact that I hardly studied the notes given. hehe. Funny la that Sean, while waiting for his turn, he started talking to this cat from the campsite as if it were a person. He named it licky licky cos it kept licking himself. funny. haha
That night, we saw this:God can be so cute =) haha.. Did I mention the sky there is absolutely beautiful? we could see many stars at night, even the North star!
On the third day was our kayaking test, quite easy lah. hehe. Absailing was after lunch, it was so fun! wanted to go again after my turn but we were only allowed to go once each =( Sean was scared of heights and he was so nervous. hahaha. but he had fun too anyway. Eunice was the only one that didn't go cos she was scared. Us girls ganged up together and tried to put on the harness on her. When we were just about to succeed, the instructor scolded us. wasted!
Had our nature awareness walk after that where we were to walk this long path all the way to pass town. There we had to draw a map of our route, note down 5 animals we observed, and pluck 5 leaves from 5 different plants. As usual, I walked with Sean. He ah, keeps warning me of any upcoming goat poo. haha. Turned out it was suppose to be a race, and well, my team was the second last =P On the way back, I bought my supply of candy and chocolate! ah satisfaction =D Finished a whole chocolate bar, got hyper, and wouldn't leave Matthias alone. hee~ he so blur, very fun to bully wan.
Dinner time, everyone started to feel the stress, having our theory test coming up next, I didn't study at all and haven't started on the second day of my log book! So me and Sean were stressing on it. that fella ah, stress till didn't eat dinner. But well, kinda pointless also having stressed so much for the test. Cos it turned out pretty easy.
We had no curfew that night, so me, Sean, and Eunice were chit-chatting till pretty late in the tent. Timothy Foo joined us later cos he fell asleep and woke up again. Most of the other campers decided to sleep at the pondok and the hall leaving the site to a couple of us.
Me, Sean and Eunice overselpt the last day, missing breakfast. Thank God I bought some bread from the town yesterday! Had our tent pitching test after packing up. My team got first!
Finally we came down to the prize giving ceremony. Timothy Foo won most caring and best camper, Shaun Cheah won most friendly, Timothy Tiong won most creative, and Justin Chen won most outspoken. They rock and so deserve the prizes lah =D
Slept in the bus on the way home, it was so nice being the "queen", sleeping on three people. hehehe.
Camp was fun lah, and I'm glad I went. hehe. missing it already. It was such a waste we didn't get to take many photos =(
One thing I hated about it though was the limitless mosquitoes! Even the mosquito repellent won't keep them away! They were so annoying that Matthias came out with this brilliant idea of mosquito coil ear rings and wrist bands XD haha..
The funny part was when he got bitten on his butt and started hitting it. Well it got funny till I got it too la. All Matthias' fault! heheh..
NCO retreat coming up next week! =D
wow that was a long post. heh.





No comments:
Post a Comment